Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend With The Brewers

We all got to go to Kerrville! Okay, so maybe that doesn't sound overly exciting... but we got to go to Kerrville with a lot of other brewers!! Friday morning I went to pick up Dennis and Stephen and we started our 4 1/2 hour journey. Highlight of the drive: We passed a guy with a bumper sticker that said, "If babies had guns, they wouldn't be aborted." Priceless. We stopped at Freetails Brewpub on the way up there and had lots of tasty tasty beer and some nibbles. We were almost to our cars to leave when someone said... another beer? Yes said the group! And back in we went. Friday night is a bit hazy for me... maybe too much beer. Maybe. I do remember (and have a video of) the group 'Daggering' Aaron because he went to bed early, and I might have gone skinny dipping in the Guadalupe River. 101 Things to Do Before I Die number 83 completed! Went with a guy from Real Ale... can't remember his real name. Fun times though. Friday night also involved my first Honky Tonk! I got to dance with absolutely everybody! Including non-dancing Justin and Vince. Lots of line-dancing and two-stepping. I played poker too :) I won!

Saturday we had a lot of seminars to go to. The aroma seminar was the most interesting. Saturday was a much tamer night for me, though I did have Dennis come into my room at one point demanding a back massage. I was trying to watch shark week damn it! We played a lot of card games with the Southern Star guys including one involving stacking cards on top of a can. Dennis was trashed by this point and lost three times. Lots of Buried Hatchet for him. Real Ale randomer tried to get me to go swimming again. I don't think so, but nice try. I had a drunk Dennis banging on my door at around midnight, but I was mean and left him outside. 

Sunday was a very difficult drive back. Lots of tired people. Got to meet Aaron's dog though. Big cutie basset hound. I even got hugs off the non-huggy boys because I drove all the way there and all the way back. Was nice :) Then I had a Dynamo game to go to with Dagger! Went to the tailgate with Robbie and Jessica beforehand and drank too much there as well. Game was a draw. Met a couple of players (no idea who they were) and got chatting to a couple with a very cute little girl. Her Dad was a Liverpool fan so we had plenty to talk about. Nice people. We got some of the cheerleaders autographs too. Then I was taken home and made the stupid decision to go and visit Chris. Bad Claire. Anyway, good fun eventful weekend. It was a shame that I didn't get to go and visit Steven though. Hopefully I'll see him soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment