Saturday, July 21, 2012

Successful Night

First the catch up and then the update from last night.


Catch up:
The Friday after my birthday, Kevin (old brewer) turned up to say good bye to everyone (moving to... somewhere else). Lots of beer was had at our usual bottle share and then more beer was had because he'd brought some from... where ever he's going to go live. Went to the Front Porch (bar) with Dagger (work person) afterwards for a couple a beers (I see a pattern forming) and then went back to mine before he headed home. Apparently, I have a 'Dude Pad'. I'm not entirely sure what that's meant to mean, but Dagger told me that I live like a dude. Is that bad? Sam came round before going out to Kevin's leaving party and we drank my Speedway Stout from San Diego :) mmmm... tasty beer. 


Next day: Went to Da Marco's for my birthday dinner. We originally thought that Nick was going to be in Alaska and miss my actual birthday so booked it for the week after. Turns out we didn't need to. Anyway, wonderful truffle risotto and tasty wines for Claire. Make Claire happy :) Got to go all out for these things. I got to touch a gorgeous Bentley too. Looked it up when we got home... $350,000 worth of car. And I touched the wing mirror. Heh. I also go some VERY attentive waiters. So, I was feeling pretty pleased with myself and not so upset about being older. 


Euro cup winners: Spain. That is all.


4th of July: Went to Beaver's for a beer event and took part in a charity event. Charity event involved me getting hit in the face with pies. There was a distinct smell of whipped cream in my hair for about 2 days afterwards. Fun day of more beer. Watched the fireworks from Mum and Nick's roof. Katy and Steven managed to make it down from Austin as well. Always nice to see the baby brother. 


Update from last night!!
Pretty stressed after a not-so-great week at work and decided to go meet Mum and Nick at Majorca. Sadly, they were just leaving as I got there so I didn't get to hang out with them. I went to Little Woodrow's by myself for a while instead. Had just texted Sven to ask if he wanted to have a drink with me when Chris (new person) asked if I wanted to join him and his friends since I was by myself. Apparently the two of us have a vast quantity of things in common: video games, anime, love to travel etc. A certain somebody gets to out for dinner next Tuesday :P So, we shall see how this develops! 



No comments:

Post a Comment