Monday, July 30, 2012

Birthday Weekend

Updates: Went to Jones Hall to go see a Zelda Symphony performance!

Was pretty cool! Definitely had flashback memories; I haven't seen footage from 'Link's Awakening' in a very long time! Got to see a lot of cosplayers and chatted with the bartender for a while. Anyway, would go to something like that again. I'm distracted because Futurama is on. I went to Hearsay afterwards for tasty foods and cocktails. Pretty good night, I miss going to concerts as often.

Had another outing to Dave and Busters later in the week as well. It was a 1/2 price night so we were able to get enough tickets for me to get a fluffy pink spider! I think he's cute. And now I had a random fluffy pink spider that lives on my bed :) I got a pink cocktail too! Tasties!

Random things!
We decided to do a drive round the loops of Houston! First: the 610 loop. That only took about 35 minutes to drive around... so it was decided that it wasn't a long enough road trip... TO BELTWAY 8!! The beltway took significantly longer. About an hour and 35 minutes. I was sufficiently bored about halfway around... typical. Still, there's a lot of Houston to see that way! Probably wouldn't do it again though...


Went on a date with Chris to a sushi place in the Galleria area. Was really fun, I met Leroy the cat too. Crazy cat. We were meant to be going out again on Thursday, but I really hurt my back at work and couldn't leave my apartment! Uncool. I had to go to the doctor first thing on Friday morning. Had to have muscle relaxants and painkillers from the doctor and try and work out my shift for this week because I'm now not allowed to lift anything! Missed work on Friday due to doctor's orders.

Rowanne arrived that afternoon though which was awesome! (It's also Mum's 50th birthday at this point!) We went out to Brasserie 19 for dinner and had lots of tasty wine and food. A lot of oysters! I think we had 7 bottles of wine or port between the 6 of us hehehehe. I had to go home early because my back was still hurting and I couldn't sit for so long. When everyone got home, Nick started shouting about the Olympic opening ceremony and how it was the best thing we've done since winning the war... a tad drunk I think hahahahaha. Mum was a bit tipsy too! Was doing her classic, "I'm tired..." "Go to bed then." "I'M GOING!" (doesn't move from couch). And repeat. Steven fell down the stair too... but Katie was there to help him. I think less booze should have happened.

Rowanne and I went back to my apartment and hung out for a bit since we were the only two that were sober. In the morning, we went headed to Buffalo Exchange. I found a dress for Leah and Aaron's wedding for $6.50! Awesome dress! I need to head back to that place more often to pad out my wardrobe!! Saturday night we had Pam and Scott over for a vegan dinner party. I had to go to bed early again because I wasn't feeling very well. And Sunday was El Tiempo margarita day! Margaritas for Rowanna! Was a fun weekend. Chris and I got to go to Hearsay last night to make up for the reservation I cancelled. Watched Mary and Max too. Good movie.

Today is Pumpkinator week at work... so hopefully my injury isn't going to cause too many issues!

Wish I could sit for a long enough length of time so I could play Diablo III...

No comments:

Post a Comment